- If you ask for quotes, the information you enter on the form will only be provided to a maximum of 3 pool professionals accordingly, who serve your area. Each pool company is only allowed to use your information to give you a quote.
- We hate spam as much as you do. We will never pass the information you enter on our ‘Get Quotes’ form to anyone except the pool professionals unless you give us your explicit permission to do so, or unless we are required to by law.
- We will send you emails and SMS messages walking you through the buying process, asking you for feedback and may send updates on the pool industry and occasional offers that we think may be of interest to you. Every email will have a prominent unsubscribe link if you don’t want to receive them anymore.
And here’s the full monty:
1. We are committed to protecting your privacy. We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles and other obligations contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). We have set out what information we collect about you when you visit our website and how we use that information below.
2. “Personal information” is personal data or information we collect and hold about you which makes you reasonably identifiable.
Collection of personal information
4. We will generally only collect personal information about you directly from you. If we collect your information from a third party, we will take such steps as are necessary to notify you. We only collect personal information reasonably necessary for one of our functions or activities. For example, we may collect your personal information if you choose to provide us with your details using the ‘Get Quotes’ form.
The kinds of personal information that we may collect and hold from time to time include—
4.1. your name, addresses (including personal, postal, and prospective pool addresses), phone number, and e-mail address; and
4.2. any other identifying details that you choose to provide to us using the form;
5. We may collect additional information from time to time, including but not limited to, when you provide us your feedback, interact with us, or when you provide information about your personal or business affairs, change content or email preferences, or respond to surveys and/or promotions.
6. You generally have the right not to identify yourself when dealing with us where it is lawful and practicable for us to allow it. However, if you choose to do so, we may not be able to provide our services to you.
8. We will only collect your personal information by lawful and fair means.
9. We will never collect sensitive information about you.
10. When you visit our website, we may collect certain information for analysis purposes, including—
10.1. how many times you visit our website, what pages you view, and how long you stay on our website;
10.2. details about what kind of browser and other software you are using to visit our website; and
10.3. your IP address.
Holding your personal information
13. We may store the personal information that you provide us on servers hosted overseas when carrying out any of the uses described in this Policy. It is impractical to list all the countries in which your personal information, but these include the United States, the United Kingdom and Singapore.
Using and disclosing your personal information
15. We use and disclose your personal information to provide you with the services you requested, including for the purpose of matching you with suitable suppliers, performing or enforcing a contract with you or a third party, contacting you, or providing you with information and updates.
16. We may, from time to time, need to disclose personal information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
17. We may also use personal information to protect our copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property or safety, and that of our customers or third-parties.
18. Like most businesses, marketing is important for our continued success. We may use personal information such as your name and email address for direct marketing and to provide you with occasional newsletters, until such time as you inform us that you want to unsubscribe using the unsubscribe link at the end of every newsletter email. Please note, however, that you may be unable to opt out of some administrative communications that are reasonably necessary for the services, such as confirmations or service notifications.
19. We will only use or disclose your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles and the Privacy Act. This means that we may use your personal information for a secondary purpose that is related to the primary purpose of collection, for example, to notify you about important updates or changes to our services or to verify your identity or information.
20. In certain circumstances, we may aggregate the personal information that we store for the purposes of analysis, but, if we do, we will ensure that the information is made anonymous first.
Requests to access or cease use of personal information
21. If you request us not to use personal information in a particular matter or at all, we will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to comply with your request. However, we may still use your information if—
21.1. we subsequently notify you of the intended use of your information and you consent to that use; or
21.2. we believe that the use of your information is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for government or public security in the performance of its functions; or
21.3. we are required by law to do so.
22. You are entitled to have access to any of the personal information that you have previously supplied to us that is in our control or possession, and you are entitled to update or correct such information.
23. We will take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we collect, hold and disclose about you is correct and complete. If you believe that personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, outdated or incomplete, please contact us at the contact details listed below so we can update our records. We will not charge a fee for request to access or correct your personal information.
24. We will de-identify or destroy personal information that is no longer needed for any purpose for which it may be used or disclosed, unless where we are required by law to retain it.
Last updated: July 28, 2023
Contacting us about privacy
26. Please refer your privacy queries, requests or complaints to us at https://poolz.com.au/contact or via email: privacy [at] poolz.com.au or by phone 07 4800 5096 or at our address: 253-255 David Low Way, Peregian Beach, QLD 4573.
27. We will consider your question or complaint and respond to you in a reasonable timeframe.
28. If you are not satisfied with the outcome, or if you would like to complain about how we handle your personal information, then you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Phone: 1300 363 992
Poolz offers services to match Australian-based providers with customers in Australia. Our site is not directed to persons in the European Union (EU) and we do not provide services to persons within the EU.
Poolz Pty Ltd, ACN: 667 970 041